Camilla Crociani was born in Rome but when she was five years old, the family moved to Geneva. Later on, the Princess completed her studies at Marymount High School in New York and attended New York University. Therefore, she always mingled in international circles and lived among people of different backgrounds, religions and beliefs, becoming open-minded and tolerant to the needs of others. In 1998, she married H.R.H. Prince Charles of Bourbon Two Sicilies, Duke of Castro. From then on, she definitely got involved in charitable activities. They live between Monaco, Paris and Rome, with their two daughters:
Princess Maria Carolina Duchess of Calabria and Palermo
Princess Maria Chiara Duchess of Capri
She is very active in the family Business, involving financial activities, catered to investments in the fields of Defence, Homeland Security, Space and Transport worldwide.
Humanitarian action through other organisations:
- “Centre Scientifique de Monaco” (C.S.M.) The Scientific Research Centre of Monaco (CSM), created in 1960 by Prince Rainier III, is the Scientific Research agency of the Principality of Monaco.” The CSM is well known in the scientific world for the quality of work performed by its scientists in studying the Biology of corals. As President of the Association “The Friends of the C.S.M” my goal is to find partners who will get involved in the endless quest of researching and improving studies putting the medical and scientific field together.
- Active member of the “WWF” in Italy,
- The Association “Les Enfants de Frankie” which supports sick children, disabled or disadvantaged in Monaco nearby and throughout the Provence Alpes Côte d’Azur.
- “Amitié sans Frontières” & “Amitié sans Frontières Internationale” are two Services Clubs with more than 20- subsidiaries in the World, with the main motivation of “promoting a spirit of tolerance, justice, friendship, and therefore to contribute to peace, regardless of gender, religion, race, nationality, profession.”It supports in particular humanitarian actions on the proposed theme and set annually by the United Nations General Assembly.
- In the Honour Committee of the “Avec Foundation” for the fight against Cancer,
- “Sail for a Cause”: under the Patronage of Pierre Casiraghi, a female network join their energies to raise money for assisting street children in Antananarivo and in Buenos Aires. During a sport weekend in Monaco, all participants contribute to this noble cause.